The Massachusetts ME/CFS & FM Association, a 501(c)3 founded in 1985, exists to meet the needs of patients with ME (Myalgic Encephalomyelitis), CFS (Chronic Fatigue Syndrome) or FM (Fibromyalgia), their families and loved ones. The Massachusetts ME/CFS & FM Association works to educate health-care providers and the general public regarding these severely-disabling physical illnesses. We also support patients and their families and advocate for more effective treatment and research.
- Last Updated: 20 July 2018 20 July 2018
Massachusetts ME/CFS & FM Association is an all-volunteer organization and depends on the donations of supporters to continue its work and respond to the many needs of the patient community. All of our income is used to support essential services.
We use your donations to:
- Publish our website which provides up-to-date information about ME/CFS and fibromyalgia covering a broad range of topics, sends out alerts about current news and developments, and accepts requests for support services
- Maintain our Information Line where trained volunteers respond to general questions about the two illnesses (which often overlap) and serve as a gateway to the Association's support services
- Assist with referrals to healthcare providers
- Give guidance on disability process and related issues
- Better educate and expand awareness within the community
- Establish a public information group to reach out to various forms of media
- Improve communication with pertinent state and federal agencies
- Sponsor public educational lectures
- Be advocates at all possible levels (local, state, national)
We can now accept donations online. You may use your credit card or mail in a check.
All donations are gratefully acknowledged and are tax-deductible to the full extent allowed by law. We thank you for your support.
- Last Updated: 20 January 2016 20 January 2016
Your privacy is of the utmost importance to us. We will never share your personally identifiable information with any other entities.
- Last Updated: 21 July 2018 21 July 2018
The Massachusetts ME/CFS & FM Association website serves as an online resource for people with Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (ME/CFS), Fibromyalgia (FM) and related illnesses.
The information in this website is not a substitute for professional medical advice. Please consult with your physician or other healthcare provider in matters pertaining to your medical care.
We endeavor to make our content as accurate and timely as possible, but we neither dispense medical advice nor endorse any medical product, practitioner or technique.Visitors are advised to consult their primary healthcare practitioners before engaging in any health-related practice. The Massachusetts ME/CFS & FM Association takes no responsibility for activities undertaken by our readers in response to the content of the Massachusetts ME/CFS & FM Association web pages.
Ideas and opinions expressed in other associated or linked sites are those of the individual authors. The Massachusetts ME/CFS & FM Association takes no responsibility for their content.
More Articles ...
Notice about names
The Massachusetts ME/CFS & FM Association would like to clarify the use of the various acronyms for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS), Chronic Fatigue & Immune Dysfunction Syndrome (CFIDS) and Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (ME) on this site. When we generate our own articles on the illness, we will refer to it as ME/CFS, the term now generally used in the United States. When we are reporting on someone else’s report, we will use the term they use. The National Institutes of Health (NIH) and other federal agencies, including the CDC, are currently using ME/CFS.
Massachusetts ME/CFS & FM Association changed its name in July, 2018, to reflect this consensus.