Article Index

Home and hospital services

If your child is too sick to attend school for more than 14 school days (not necessarily consecutive), they are eligible for Educational Services in the Home or Hospital. This usually includes tutoring in the home or hospital so that your child can keep up with their classes. These services are accessed by having your child’s medical provider fill out a form (28R/3) and submit it to the school principal or to the office of special education. Please see the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education website for more details.