- Last Updated: 24 May 2023 24 May 2023
"What Every Provider Should Know About ME/CFS (and how their patients can help them learn)"
Chair, Dept. of Family Medicine
Frank H. Netter School of Medicine at Quinnipiac University
In a combination presentation and interview, Dr. Selinger will talk about how he teaches medical students about ME/CFS, and present the key facts he would like all providers to know. He will also address the challenges of patients face if their providers are not well-informed about ME/CFS. This program is also relevant to other conditions with symptoms similar to ME/CFS.
Recording and other resources
- Recording of the event (includes a link to the Golden Girls clip)
- Slides from the presentation
- C W Lapp, 2019, Initiating Care of a Patient With Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (ME/CFS)
- Diagnostic algorithm for ME/CFS, 2015 from the 2015 Institute of Medicine (now National Academy of Medicine)
- B M Carruthers, et al., 2011, Myalgic encephalomyelitis: International Consensus Criteria
- L. Bateman, et al., 2021, Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: Essentials of Diagnosis and Management
Dr. Selinger writes: