- Last Updated: 03 January 2016 03 January 2016
My advice to doctors who care for FM patients
1. Realize that FM patients are going to be a chronic challenge.
2. Be non-judgmental and prepared to be an advocate.
3. Understand the pathophysiological basis for symptoms.
4. Analyze and treat pain complaints in a systemic approach.
5. Recognize and treat psychological problems at an early stage.
6. Recognize associated syndromes of disordered sensory processing.
7. Involve all FM patients in a program of stretching and gentle aerobic exercise.