- Last Updated: 30 October 2023 30 October 2023
The Massachusetts ME/CFS & FM Association is made up almost entirely of patient volunteers and their families and friends. We need your help to keep the Massachusetts ME/CFS & FM Association running smoothly and to accomplish our mission. Please consider volunteering to help with this work.
We provide training and on-going supervision to allow volunteers to offer support to patients/families, or to help keep our Association running. Most volunteer work is done from home, and time commitments/hours are flexible.
Please see our Volunteer Orientation Manual for more information.
The following opportunities are available as of September, 2023.
- Board of Directors - positions open now! We are in need of a Tresurer.
- Volunteer Coordinator - Recruit and manage the volunteers who power our Association. This requires a significant commitment of time and might appeal to a retired individual or part-time worker, looking to make a multi-year investment of time. Learn more.
- Patient Support - Respond to requests for health care provider referrals using our website and proprietary healthcare provider database. A valuable and rewarding contribution can be made in as little as 1 hour per week. Approximately 20 hours of training is provided.
- Legislative Advocacy - Participate in building an advocacy agenda for Massachusetts legislation and policy in the long covid era. Help coordinate our participation in the national Advocacy Week meetings coordinated by the SolveME Initiative.
- Transcription - This is a self-paced opportunity for individuals interested in transcribing speeches, interviews and other video events. Most of the work would be editting auto-generated transcription.
- Other opportunities are available in telephone support to patients, membership support, support group facilitation, website migration, community outreach and help with events.
If you would like to help in these or in any other way, please fill out this form.
If you are a healthy family member or friend we especially need your help. We will talk with you about your interests, skills, and how you can contribute. Remember, even a little time, put together with the efforts of others, can accomplish a great deal.
Thank you for your support!